Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Oil Paintings




First semester of painting, I did two oil paintings. The painting on the left was the first oil painting I ever did in my life span. The second was more warm color oriented on a cooler background. I had fun painting the flowers and experimenting with color than the first since I was still apprehensive about using oils. 





Second semester of painting was a little more challenging involving a live model and metallic objects. Flesh tones are one of the most hardest tones to mix, you don't want too much purple in the shadows and too much yellow in the light unless you want the model to look sickly. Metallic objects were just fun in general, I just used a bunch of shapes and half blended them together, I also got to use a lot of different colors.




No comments:

Post a Comment