Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Three Faces of Jacques- Change



Hello! Some things... or really MANY things have changed since the last time I worked on this. I am no longer doing three different character sheets. I talked to Tracy on Thursday to see what she thought of my project so far and she suggested that I turn my character sheets into a character book. This would allow me to go into more detail about the character and how I came up with him than with a character sheet. Plus, this would allow me to go into his story more.

And I like to layout books, anyways.

So, after that I started to layout what would be in the book. These are just sample pages. I will be adding more later once I find my old drawings of what Mr. Thing looked like as well as Jacques (I have them somewhere in my room). I'm still contemplating on whether or not I should add in facial expressions or character turn-arounds or just have a complete illustration of them, maybe poses. There are a lot of options to consider.










As I said before, these are just sample pages. Once I get everything together and laid out, the pages will be decorated more to fit with each section of his life. Speaking of which, the cover for this book has three jester masks all of which represent the stages he went through. The brighter and happier jester mask for when he was human. The more de-saturated mask for his Mr. Thing stage and the more golden mask for his current form.


I have a lot to do and I am totally excited to continue working on this. Hopefully, the next time I update I'll have more things to show instead of just this.












No comments:

Post a Comment